Teachers can easily and quickly reassign homework tasks to individual students in Microsoft Teams Assignments when students have missed out on learning.
Over the last few years, many students have inevitably lost hours of learning due to higher absences, adjusting to learning from home and dealing with abrupt changes in restrictions.
On top of this, some individuals have struggled to access learning remotely due to a lack of access to devices or internet connectivity.
This major disruption has caused a huge problem for schools as teachers battle to clearly identify gaps in individual students’ learning and keep track of progress.
The ability to reassign missed assignments can help students catch up on lost learning at their own pace.
Here’s how you can easily reset an assignment or reassign a piece of homework to individual students in Microsoft Teams.
- Go to Assignments in Teams to view the assignments you have previously set.
- Select Create to open three options: Assignment, Quiz or From existing.
- Select From existing to use a previous assignment. This brings up a list of all the classes you teach – you can scroll through or use the search bar to find the one you need.
- Select the class and hit Next. All the previous assignments from that class will appear.
- Select the assignment you wish to reassign and hit Next.
As you can see, everything is already populated for you – the title, instructions, relevant resources, rubric etc. – so there’s no need to waste time re-adding information.
However, if you need to edit or add additional guidance to the task, you can easily do that.
To reassign the assignment to an individual student:
- Head to the Assign to section and select where it says All students to bring up a drop-down menu where you can choose Individual Students or Groups of students.
- Select Individual students to bring up a list of all the students in the selected class.
- Choose the student(s) that you wish to reassign the assignment to, and then hit Done.
- You may also wish to change a new due date. You can alter this in the Date due section.
Once you’re happy, tap Assign to assign the task to the selected students – only these students will get a notification about the homework task.
You can view this in Assignments in Teams and keep an eye on which students have completed and turned in the work.
Assignments in Microsoft Teams makes it easy for teachers to save time when supporting students with lost learning and missed assignments.
If you would like to find out more about how Microsoft 365 and Cloud Box can help your school or trust overcome the challenges of lost learning, book a demo with a member of our team.