In this guide, we show you how to add the Cloud Design Box exclusive My Events web part to your SharePoint sites.
The My Events web part gives you a quick glance at your upcoming events by showing your calendar events from Outlook.
It would sit perfectly on a home page so users can see their calendar items at a glance whenever they log in.
How to add the My Events web part to a SharePoint site.
Before you add this web part, you need to make sure your Office 365 global admin has approved the Calendars Read API permission. This can be done via the SharePoint admin centre.
- Head to the site you wish to add it to and hit Edit in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Decide where you want your calendar events to appear on the site and hit the plus button to add a new web part.
- Search for “CDB My Events” and Cloud Design Box customers should be able to see our CDB My Events web part.
4. Selecting this will show your personal calendar events for the day.
5. Select Republish in the top-right hand corner.
With this web part, you can flick back and forth through the days of your calendar.
You can also select Open My Calendar to open a full view of your calendar in Outlook.
There is also a privacy mode which will initially hide the events. This is particularly useful if you are a teacher with sensitive events and you regularly share your screen on a projector. This mode can be configured using the pencil icon when editing the web part.
The My Events web part for SharePoint is only available to Cloud Design Box customers. If you would like to find out more about our Cloud Box platform and how we can help improve communication and collaboration in your school or MAT, book a free demo today.