In this guide, we show you how to add the Cloud Design Box Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Web Part to your SharePoint sites.
The FAQ web part is an extremely versatile addition to any SharePoint site and can be customised to create an interactive FAQs section to help give quick guidance to your users.
What’s more, it’s searchable, allowing users to type in a question and quickly get an answer.
One example of the FAQ web part being particularly useful is for IT Help sites. Simply make a list of your most common questions and add them to the web part. It can be really useful for onboarding new staff to SharePoint.
Meanwhile, it can also be used on teaching and learning sites, guiding students on how to use SharePoint to find their learning resources.
Below, we show you how to add the FAQ web part to your SharePoint sites – it only takes a minute or two.
How to add the FAQ web part to your SharePoint site.
- Head to the site you wish to add it to and hit Edit in the top-right corner of the screen.
Note: You need Designer access to be able to do this.
- Decide where you want your FAQ section to appear on the site and hit the plus button to add a new web part.
- Search for “FAQ” and Cloud Design Box customers should be able to see our FAQ web part.
- Select Republish in the top-right hand corner. An example question and answer section will appear.
How to add questions and answers to the FAQ web part.
- Select the cogs icon to open SharePoint settings.
- Choose Site contents and you will see there’s now an FAQs folder stored here.
- Select the list to add a new FAQ.
- Select + New to add a new FAQ. You can add a question (Title) and answer.
There’s also an option to enter an order number. For example, ‘1’ if you wish this question to appear first.
Additionally, you can choose to add an attachment.
5. Hit Save to save the question.
Your FAQs will now appear on the SharePoint site and be visible and searchable for any users with access to that site.
The FAQ web part for SharePoint is only available to Cloud Design Box customers. If you would like to find out more about our Cloud Box platform and how we can help improve communication and collaboration in your school or MAT, book a free demo today.